HTI at HEDNA 2013
HTI was in Edinburgh in June to attend the annual HEDNA Spring Conference. Rory Montgomery (Director, Marketing & Sales) was in attendance and as always found it to be valuable and informative. The main agenda items were as follows:
– The Rise of Meta Search and the future of the Meta sites such as Trivago, TripAdvisor, SkyScanner, Kayak and of course Google HotelFinder to name a few.
– Content is still King! A lot of focus is going to be spent on standardising the distribution of content to both OTA’s and GDS. Sell your hotel and distinguish yourself form other brands that are competing directly with you.
– The future of the Leisure/Wholesale market and how we can assist them to thrive in today’s World of direct connectivity and the role of free-sell versus allotments going forward.
– OTA’s and the Price sensitivity of the marketplace. What is the future of the OTA? Hotels must consider their relationship with the OTA and not let these powerhouses of the distribution world dictate terms to them…
– Russia and the emerging base of travellers. A large population of travellers that are looking to travel, but have trust issues with online sites and new markets.
– Travelport (Galileo and Worldspan) presented their roadmap as did Sabre and Amadeus. These are relatively confidential in their entirety but it was obvious that all GDS providers are focusing on content distribution and presenting more information and rich content to close more sales and cross sell/up sell more travellers.
– The importance of good web design and the presentation of your product offering. Conversion on your own booking engine is key to the success of your property. OTA’s are marketing tools in some respects but if the guest lands up on your site, you need to be able to close the deal – this is your cheapest channel!
– Education is key in the industry and hence HTI will be looking at how we can further educate our clients and local tourism authorities on how to close the loop between accommodation suppliers and the markets that we enter and promote this stock to…
For a full documented outline of the conference please don’t hesitate to contact Rory (email@example.com) for more information and if you are interested he will be happy to present HTI’s findings to you in a more relevant and formal manner. Here is to extended distribution and as for HTI and particularly eRes, Rory is confident that the product is on the right track and we will be a force to be reckoned with for a long time into the future…